About Monitronics Security
Founded in 1994, Monitronics is the second largest home security company in the United States. With its headquarters in Dallas, Monitronics offers monitored security equipment and services for residential customers.
Monitronics Security Equipment & Services
Like most security companies, Monitronics offers burglary, fire, carbon monoxide and other protection through its monitored security systems. Equipment and services vary based on package selection. However, there are some key components included in all Monitronics Home Security services. These include:
- Keychain Remotes
Other additional features and equipment can be added to any Monitronics Home Security package. These additional equipment options include:
- Fire & Heat Detectors
- CO Detection
- Appliance & Lighting Control
- Watch & Pendant Panic Button
- Kwikset Door Locks
- Glass Break Detectors
- Water/Freeze Detectors
Monitronics Monitoring Services
In addition to Monitronics Home Security equipment, Monitronics offers 24-hour monitoring from a Five Diamond, award-winning center. If a device in your home is triggered, the trained staff at the monitoring center will notify you or the appropriate services, if needed.
Customers who subscribe to HomeTouch® services from Monitronics Security can also monitor various aspects of their home while away. With the use of a remote home management system, customers can control their home security system, as well as thermostats, lighting and appliances. With HomeTouch®, customers can change the temperature, unlock the door and control the lights using their smartphone. You can also get email or text alerts when people, like your children, come home.
Another Monitronics Security service is a personal medical alert system. An increasingly popular add-on with home security, Monitronics watch and panic buttons can help users can get the appropriate help, if needed, with the touch of a button. These devices are ideal for senior family members who are prone to household injuries and can be added to a Monitronics package.
Monitronics Security Packages
Monitronics services are available in various plans, suitable for a variety of household needs. Learn more about the Monitronics alarm packages below:
- Basic Security- This Monitronics Home Security package includes one color, touch-screen security panel, one keychain remote, one pet-sensitive motion detector, three door/window sensors and a security yard sign and window decals. The Basic Security package is intended to cover basic home security needs.
- HomeTouch® Security Package- The HomeTouch® Security Package from Monitronics Security includes everything in the Basic Security package as well as HomeTouch® features. With this service, the customer can arm or disarm their home from a smartphone and they can get severe weather alerts.
- HomeTouch® Premier- This is the largest package from Monitronics Security. It includes everything in the HomeTouch® Security Package plus two light modules and one image sensor. Customers also get access to more HomeTouch® features like two-way voice, secure video access and the ability to adjust home lighting, control locks, thermostats and appliances.
Learn More About Monitronics
Choosing a home security service is more than about who is available in your area. It’s about finding a provider that gives you the package, equipment and resources you need for the utmost peace of mind while you’re away. Learn more about other security companies and Monitronics reviews and service in your area by selecting the state in the list below.
Sources and Research
Data collected on 8/19/14 from http://www.monitronics.com/